The school enjoys good working relationships with a wide range of people who provide services to children with SEND and their families, particularly when a child is demonstrating further cause for concern or their learning need is more complex and persistent. The external specialists may:
- Act in an advisory capacity
- Extend expertise of school staff
- Provide additional assessment
- Support a child directly
- Suggest statutory assessment is advisable
- Consult with all parties involved with the child
Easington Church of England Primary School works with the following external agencies:
- Special Educational Needs – Inclusion Team
- SEND Information Advice and Support Service
- CAMHS Assessment Team
- Physiotherapy Team
- Full Circle
- Durham Educational Psychology Service
- School Nurse Service
- Occupational Therapists
- North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Foundation Trust
- Cardiac Nurse Team (Freeman Hospital Newcastle)
- Speech and Language Therapy
- ASD team (autistic spectrum disorder)
- Cognition and Learning Team – Durham LA
We also support and encourage families of children with SEND to access support from the Parent Partnership.
The Parent Partnership Service plays a key role in promoting positive relationships between parents, schools, Local Authorities (LAs) and others. This is important in enabling children and young people with SEN to achieve their potential. Durham County Council set up the parent partnership service in order to ensure that parents of children with SEN are fully informed and involved in their child’s education. Although the parent partnership service is part of the LA, it operates independently.
The service offers parents and carers the following:
- Independent support and someone to talk to in complete confidence.
- An explanation of matters concerning SEN.
- Information Leaflets about special educational needs.
- Help with filling in forms and expressing views.
- Someone to attend meetings with.
- Information about local support groups and voluntary agencies.
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.