Children learn and develop in different ways and may need extra help and support at various points throughout their time at school. Some children, at some time in their school life may have additional or different needs and it may be that they will be on our SEND register for a short period or a long period of time. However, children’s needs will be frequently reassessed regularly in order to ensure that the provision is suitable and supports every child’s development.
We adapt the curriculum and learning environment for pupils with SEN in a number of ways, depending on the nature of each child’s needs. Such strategies include:
- Differentiation of work in class (and homework)
- Additional small group support with a teacher or support staff
- Additional resources e.g. word banks, number squares, use of commercial schemes
- Teaching activities to be adapted to the preferred learning style of the child, e.g. a multisensory, practical approach or use of visual cues
- Use of ICT to support learning
- Individual behaviour systems/charts
- Adaptation of Curriculum resources or classroom displays
- Targeted interventions to support specific difficulties
We believe that supporting all children to learn and participate in all aspects of school life is important. In addition to the formal requirements of the National
More details on how we adapt information, our environment and curriculum can be found in the Accessibility Plan which you ca find in the School Policies section of our website.