At Easington C of E Primary School, we pride ourselves in being inclusive which means supporting all pupils to learn, contribute and participate in all aspects of school life alongside their peers. All pupils follow the National Curriculum at a level and pace that is appropriate to their abilities. At times and when it is felt appropriate, modifications to the curriculum may be implemented.
The curriculum includes, not only the formal requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum and the National Curriculum, but also a range of additional opportunities to enrich the experiences of pupils. The curriculum also includes the social aspects that are essential for life-long learning, personal growth and development of independence at all ages and ability levels. By encouraging independence at all ages and ability levels we endeavour to develop confidence, improve self-esteem and promote enthusiasm in all our pupils.
At Easington C of E Primary School, we:
- Ensure that all children have access to the appropriate Early Years/National Curriculum and all school activities.
- Ensure that all children are fully included in all activities of the school in order to promote the highest levels of achievement despite any difficulty or disability they may have.
- Ensure that teaching staff are aware of and sensitive to the needs of all children, teaching them in a way that is more appropriate to their needs and assessing each child’s individual progress.
- Support children to gain in confidence and improve their self-esteem through group, paired and individual activities.
- Make additional provision for children with SEND to fully develop their abilities, interests and aptitudes and gain maximum access to the curriculum.