SENCO and SEN Staff
Our SENCO is Mrs Appleby.
More details of the SENCO’s role can be found in the SEN Policy which you can find in the School Policies section of our website.
External Specialists and Other Bodies
The school enjoys good working relationships with a wide range of people who provide services to children with SEND and their families.
The external specialists may:
- Act in an advisory capacity
- Extend expertise of school staff
- Provide additional assessment
- Support a child directly
- Suggest statutory assessment is advisable
- Consult with all parties involved with the child
- Durham County Council Local Offer
- Durham SEND Information, Advice and Support Service
- Speech & Language Therapists
- Education Psychology Service
- Other Local Authority specialists (i.e. Cognition and Learning; Autism & Social Communication teams)
How We Secure Specialist Expertise
Our Additional Needs Budget is used to support children and young people with SEN.
This is used to support children and young people with SEND by:
Our notional budget for SEND has been allocated to provide adults who can undertake specific 1:1 and small group support in areas such as intensive interventions (reading; phonics), improving social and communication skills and other additional academic or pastoral support.
This support always takes place with the full involvement of both children and parents.
Elements of this funding is also used for the provision of appropriate resources which children with additional learning needs may find beneficial, and training which supports individual or all staff.
If a child has complex special educational needs, we could also receive additional funding from the Local Authority to meet the agreed outcomes.